These amazing replacements for potato chips are just as crispy, salty and delicious as standard chips all while adding in another vegetable serving to your diet. Salt is important to replace the electrolytes in the body after a tough workout, and this is a great way to add it without all the extra calories.
Ingredients and tools:
1 medium zucchini
salt or other seasoning
non-stick vegetable oil spray
2 cookie sheets
– Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
– Line two ungreased cookie sheets with parchment paper.
– Using a cheese or vegetable slicer, thinly slice zucchini and place very close together on the baking sheet. The zucchini will shrink when baked.
– Lightly spray a non-stick vegetable oil over the zucchini and lightly season to your choosing. Salt is standard, though a ranch or barbecue seasoning can be used as well.
– Bake for 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until the zucchini is crispy.
– Remove zucchini from the parchment and serve immediately.
Calories: 33; Carbs: 6.6g; Fat: 0.4g; Protein: 2.4g.