I love pizza, but pizza isn’t exactly the ideal food for an athlete in training or for those of you looking to get into shape. These little flatbreads fill that craving without sacrificing my fitness and nutrition. Nicole first came up with this simple recipe when we were cleaning out the fridge in Florida. We had an odd selection of foods in the fridge, so the first round of these included Flat Out Original wraps, spaghetti sauce, and sliced up BabyBel cheeses. It sounded weird at the time and a little like bachelor food, but it was delicious. She’s made these several times since and varied the ingredients depending on what we have fresh.
This recipe is simple and based around a general cheese pizza. Try some of these other options:
- olive oil, blue cheese or gorgonzola, and grilled pears
- Walden Farms barbecue sauce, grilled chicken, sauteed onion, and colby cheese
- olive oil, grilled figs, sauteed onion, goat cheese
- add turkey pepperoni or turkey sausage
- add fresh tomato
Ingredients and tools:
2 Flat Out wraps (any flavor, Light Italian Herb was used for this recipe)
1/2 cup Ragu Chunky Garden Combinations spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup fat free mozzerella cheese
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Lay Flat Out wraps on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spoon half of the spaghetti sauce on each wrap.
- Sprinkle each wrap with the cheese.
- Top with spices of your choice.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Makes two servings.
Calories: 160; Carbs: 25g; Fat: 4g; Protein: 14g.